Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Role Model and TCJD

I must admit the tv show Top Chef: Just Desserts (TCJD) had a hand in influencing my passion for crafting all things sweet.  It boggles mind that the contestants on the show are able to consistently create the volume of dishes that they do with a high level of sophistication and in such a short amount of time.  I can only hope that someday I will be able to achieve such levels of technique and creativity.  Never before have I been exposed to so many different forms of dessert.  I'm truly grateful that Bravo has provided such a great platform to help spread the joy that is the pastry world.  Of all the contestants on the show, Yigit Pura is the type of chef that I relate to the most and aspire to be...he is my role model, I guess.  Not only do I appreciate how he composed himself on the show, but I also love the ingredients he features in his concoctions.  From passion fruit and yuzu to hazelnuts and chai tea...these are the ingredients that I yearn to work with.  I also love his plating!

Here is an example of one of his creations from the show:


Campari and Blood Orange Agar Agar w/ Citrus Vanilla Panna Cotta & Basil Ice Cream

With that said, season 2 of TCJD starts tonight, and I am uber excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment